Take Photos with Impact Course
WELCOME TO TRAIL RUNNING PHOTOGRAPHY WITH IMPACT
We have a lot in store for you in mastering smartphone photography. It all starts here and will carry over into our facebook group where you will post projects, ask questions and receive awesome support.
You can access the Course Facebook Group here.
Our first video will tell you the #1 mistake trail runners make while taking p
hotos. Click play!
Jordan (our resident photo-master) will be taking you through the course and hooking you up with the top photo taking skills.
VIDEO 1 : SETTINGS / KNOW YOUR CAMERA PHONE
Learn the basics of your phone including:
Taking photos with grid
WEEK 1 PROJECTS:
1. Take a look your favorite trail running photography and instagram accounts and notice what makes those photos great. Look at how they use compositions and the Rule of Thirds.
2. Go out and start taking as many photos as you can with the two lessons in mind.
3. Post a photo in the Facebook group that you have taken using composition and Rule of Thirds by Wednesday. Ask any questions and we will provide feedback.
We are pumped to see your photos!!
VIDEO 3: AVOIDING THE BLUR
Learn how to use lighting, phone control, burst mode to take photos of runners on the move.
Take photos over the next few days of moving subjects. Choose your favorite to post to the facebook group. Avoid that blur!
Video 4: Editing
Learn the techniques to tweak and fine tune your photos with two key editing apps.
Video 5: Editing Tutorial
A walk through of editing a photo with two different apps.
WEEK 2 PROJECT:
Choose a photo that you posted in the facebook group last week to edit. Download Snapseed and VSCO, send the photo through the editing process that has been laid out and post your edited photo.
Remember the 10% rule when editing. These subtle alterations will make your photo appear enhanced and not over edited.
Video 6: Instagram
Key tips for instagram:
- Pay attention to creating continuity and hold your feed to a high standard.
- Your photos should have a similar style and flow together well. You can remove old photos that don't fit with the aesthetic you are going for.
- By using hashtags effectively you can grow your community.
- Find other like minded people, comment and follow.
- Head out with fellow runners, take photos and tag one another!
In the next several weeks we will be choosing several photos that are tagged with #territoryphotocourse and #territoryrunco to be reposted on our instagram. For each of the photos chosen we will send the photographer a hat and journal from Territory.
Ever wonder how people take shots of themselves running?
Download the Solo Trail Runner Guide to Running Shots